Friday, March 23, 2012

Dedicating My Work

Here is one more idea from A Whole New Mind. I originally wanted to write about several things from the book, but I decided to limit myself to this suggestion.

Daniel Pink writes about Naomi Epel's idea, which in turn, came from Danny Glover. It is simple. Just like an author dedicates a book to someone, why can't we do that with anything we do? Glover talked about dedicating a performance. Pink says it could be anything we do. A sales call. A presentation.

So, let me try this out.

I dedicate this post to my wife, Nannette.

I am creating assessments for a new learning process that I am experimenting with in my classes. I dedicate the project to a former student that moved away. He believed that teachers didn't like him. I hope that my work can help create environments so that less students feel that way.

I am praying for an interview soon for a job that I have been excited about for a long time. When I get the chance, I dedicate that interview to the students of a new middle school opening in Leander ISD.

What is it you want to dedicate? And to whom?

No comments:

Post a Comment