In addition to personal and family goals for the new year, here is my list of what I want to accomplish in 2012 professionally. Now, of course, I hope to get a new job and have published articles and help students be successful. And I certainly desire to see those things happen as a result of my actions, but what follows is a ("working document") list of only those things that I have control over. So, I take responsibility for carrying out these objectives:
· Implement a new formative, student-guided, assessment system in my classes (which can serve as a "pilot" of a system to replace traditional grading)
· Begin a “math academy” for parents at RBMS
· Supervise an effective student-run peer tutoring program at RBMS
· Share my learning with faculty & staff from the “Beyond These Walls” experience
· Participate in implementing the “Four Expectations” on my campus
· Apply and interview for an Asst. Principal position
· Submit at least five article queries by June
· Maintain “How Much Greater” blog with at least two posts per week
· Read 30 books and write reviews on at least 20 of them (just finished one, and yes, I'm counting it!)
· Write a simple church orientation/guide for use by groups in our area
· Speak at least five times to churches/groups
There will be much involved in the process behind making many of these things happen. I need to work hard, and listen to, and learn from, many others along the way!
Happy New Year!